How to Prepare a Simple Filet Mignon Dinner
February 11, 2011
At Chef’s Requested Foods our mission is to be “The Cook’s Best Friend.” However, if you are not a cook but would love to make a delicious Chef’s Requested Filet Mignon for your loved one on Valentine’s Day here are some simple instructions that are virtually foolproof
1. Go to the grocery store and purchase these items:
* Package of Chef’s Requested Foods Filet Mignon
* Two baking potatoes and whatever toppings you prefer to have on said potatoes.
* Bagged salad and salad dressing if it is not included with the bagged salad.
* Some vegetable that you can steam in the bag.
* A loaf of French bread
2. When you are getting ready to cook the dinner give yourself approximately 45 minutes to make everything and have it on the table.
3. Take the loaf of French bread and cut it into slices. You can place this on a plate or in a basket and place it on the table.
4. Wash the two baking potatoes well and stab them with a fork a few times. You will then place them in the microwave to cook. Most microwaves have a baked potato button. If your microwave does not have the baked potato button I find that two medium size potatoes cook in about 8 to 10 minutes. You want them to be able to be squeezed slightly without feeling hard. You can over cook them so it is better to start with the lower time and then go in increments after that.
5. Take the Chef’s Requested Filet Mignon out of the package and place them both in a skillet. You will cook them for about 8 to 10 minutes each side on medium heat. You want them to look nice and brown on each side. I like to cover my pan with a lid or piece of foil while I am cooking them.
6. While the Chef’s Requested Filet Mignon is cooking and the baked potatoes are in the microwave take the salad out of the bag and place it in a bowl or on a plate and take it to the table. You may mix in the dressing if you chose one with a dressing or you may put the dressing bottle on the table for your loved one to add their desired amount of dressing.
7. When the baked potatoes are done cooking in the microwave take them out and put them on the plates. If you take a sharp knife and cut the potato lengthwise (but not all the way through) and then take the heel of your hand and hit the potato sharply you can then pinch the ends in towards the middle and the potato will fluff open like in a restaurant. You can also fluff the insides up a little with a fork.
8. Don’t forget to flip the steaks.
9. Place the frozen steamable vegetables in the microwave and cook for the time stated on the package.
10. Once the vegetables are cooked and the steak finished all you need to do is put everything on the plate together and serve the food.
If you are making a filet mignon dinner for a loved one PLEASE remember that cleaning up the kitchen afterwards is part of it. It takes the romance out of you cooking if you stick your loved one with a big mess. However, if you cook like I advised you there should be minimal cleanup.